Engineering Experience & Staff Education
At Mizzy Construction we hold our field experience in high regard, and consider it one of our most valuable assets. But we also believe that classroom education in accepted and proven industry standards will ultimately provide the framework upon which our field experience will yield maximum results. As such, we require that our project managers have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering. We also have on our full-time staff two CT licensed Professional Engineers, helping to bridge the gap between contractors and engineers. Here's why all of this makes for a more efficient and well built project, which ultimately translates into time and money saved for everyone:
- Our ability to communicate intelligently with design engineers solves problems quicker. Our understanding of design intent makes for fewer delays, and less time spent waiting for answers.
- Our engineering knowledge coupled with construction experience provides a unique perspective from which to offer realistic value engineering suggestions.
- Our firm grasp of design principles compels us to build things correctly, because we understand the consequences of shortcuts.
PDF, FTP, CADD, TIFF - the list of buzz words and terms surrounding the electronic exchange of information seems to keep growing. But these are more than just words – they represent real concepts and technologies that allow information to be exchanged in minutes rather than days. At Mizzy Construction we understand the technologies behind these words, know their implementations, and use them to our full advantage in the construction process.
"Our complete control over the age of digital information, that being digital format, production, and subsequent delivery, means that Mizzy will never be the weak link in your project communications."
- Our CADD infrastructure rivals that of many small engineering firms, yet it exists for the sole purpose of supporting our construction operations. With experience dating back to 1998, our CADD manager is well versed in the evolution, operation, and best practices of computer aided drafting and design in the construction field. Engineers build with CADD, ordinary site contractors build with dirt - we do both.
- All of our wide-format printing and scanning is done in-house. This means we can receive all industry standard sized plans electronically and print them instantly. It also means that if we need to get a plan to someone immediately, we can scan it in-house and send it electronically as a pdf within minutes. Every PC in our office is equipped with Adobe Acrobat Standard, which allows us to render any digital document into PDF format for immediate electronic distribution.
- Our computer infrastructure is built upon Windows Server Technology, and is the foundation for digital information sharing and collaboration within our project management and field staff teams. VPN and remote access technologies allow our staff access to project files even when they're away from the office, keeping answers to your questions just a mouse click away. Exchange Server technology coupled with Outlook Web Access and Outlook RPC Over HTTP further enhance our communication network by providing our staff full-time access to email from the web, smart phones, and laptops.
Building Relationships That Last
There's only one thing that we want to outlast our construction work, and that's our relationship with you. You can not only expect us to deliver you the best possible product during the construction phase, but you can also count on us to be there afterwards. We take pride in our work, and if something goes wrong, you can expect us to be there to fix it. And if it's not our fault, you can expect us to work with you on getting it fixed at a cost that works for everyone. We plan on being in business for a long time to come; you can trust that if you need to call on us five, ten, or even fifteen years down the road, we'll be there.